Gyoshi means “to stare” and this is a method of sending Reiki with the eyes.
Gyoshi-ho can be done in a variety of other ways. While giving a hand placement session, in addition to giving Reiki with your hands stare at the area as you think of your eyes and of Reiki, intending that Reiki flow from your eyes to the area being treated. While giving a Reiki hand session, scan the body with your eyes until you sense another area in need of Reiki. You may see or sense a dark area or simply have knowingness that another area needs Reiki. Stare at the area, thinking of your eyes and intending Reiki to flow from your eyes to the area. If you have seen a dark shape there, you will see it decreases in size or fade away as it is healed. Gyoshi-ho can also be done on yourself.
- Using Byosen Scanning or Reiji-ho or simply by knowing where the client needs healing, decide where you are going to send Reiki.
- Then focus onto the area in need with your eyes.
- Allow your eyes to relax and become de-focused.
- As you do this, meditate on Reiki energy and on your eyes and intend that Reiki flow from your eyes to the area.
- If any thoughts arise, gently brush them aside in a way that is similar to the process used in Gassho.
- Do this for several minutes or longer if you are guided to do so.