Scanning is a technique developed by William Lee Rand in 1990. The word Byosen means “disease line” in Japanese and is a method of using the sensitivity in the hands to discover and treat those areas in need of Reiki.
The attunement allows this process to be more easily accomplished because the attunement not only opens the palm chakras so Reiki can flow; it also heightens their sensitivity to psychic energy.
To Scan Your Client
Because, you are asking to be shown only those places in need of Reiki, you will not be aware of other things… only those areas in need of Reiki. Because of this you will not be distracted by the energy of a chakra or an organ or anything else unless that area needs Reiki. This makes the system more efficient.
- First place your hands in the Gassho position.
- Say a prayer giving thanks for this opportunity to help another.
- Ask that the Reiki energy begin to flow in a powerful way.
- Then bring your hands up so the thumbs touch the third eye area.
- Say a prayer, asking to be guided to where the person needs Reiki.
- Place your left (or non-dominant) hand about twelve inches away from the top of the person’s head.
- Place your consciousness in the palm of your hand and notice how it feels.
- Move your hand closer, about three to four inches fro the top of the head, and begin moving your hand above the person’s face and down toward the feet, continuing to remain about there to four inches away from the body.
- Move your hands very slowly and be aware of any changes in energy that register on the palm of your hand.
These sensations are called “hibiki” in Japanese. Where you feel any change at all is a place where the person has a Byosen and needs Reiki. The hibiki may feel like coolness, warmth, tingling, pressure, little electric shocks, pulsations, distortions, irregularities, or pulling sensation. You may simply have a knowingness. The change may be very slight, and you may think it is just your imagination or that there is a breeze blowing in the room. However, it is important to ignore these logical distractions and accept what your intuition and heightened sensitivity are telling you.
When You First Begin...
When you first begin to practice Byosen Scanning, your sensitivity may not be very developed, so you need to pay very close attention. As you practice, your ability to scan the body will improve, and you will gain confidence. After a while, you may even find that you can scan with your eyes and sense where the problems are located, and you could also begin to actually see the negative energy around the distressed area. Or you may simply know where to treat as soon as you say the prayer. Your ability to do Byosen Scanning will improve as you continue to practice. Over time, some practitioners have become clairvoyant and able to see great detail in the energy patters around the areas needing healing.
When You Find Change In Energy Field
- Move your hand up and down over that area until you find the height at which you feel the most distress. This could be as high as several feet above the body, or you may feel drawn to actually touch the body with your hands. Often the best height is found to be about four inches from the body.
- When you find the right height, bring both hands together at this spot and channel Reiki. Reiki will heal the aura and chakra(s) and flow into the physical body to work on the organs and tissues and heal them also.
- Continue channeling Reiki at the detected spot until you feel the flow of Reiki subsiding or changing. then re-scan the area to get a better idea of how the healing is progressing. You many find that as you continue, the height needed for healing decreases and the strength of the sensation diminishes.
- Continue to do Reiki there re-scan periodically until the energy field smooths out, and you cannot longer feel a hibiki.
- Scan until you find another area in need of healing and do Reiki there. Continue until you have scanned and healed the whole energy field.
There is a more formal method of Byosen Scanning in which the severity of the Byosen can be determined by closely monitoring the hibiki. With this method, there are five levels of hibiki that include heat, strong heat, tingling, pulsation and discomfort.
However, it’s possible that with practice, you will develop your own system of monitoring that will give you important information about the Byosen. Practice will develop your ability and receiving class instruction can be very helpful in learning this important Reiki Technique.
Clearing The Aura Energy Field is Healthy
Scanning and healing the energy field is very healthy because the cause of most illnesses and other problems is in the aura. By treating the aura, you will be working on the cause and thereby healing problems before they can manifest int he physical Boyd. Even after a problem has developed in the body, a client will respond better to Reiki if the aura is treated first. By healing the aura first, you will help the person’s energy field accept Reiki more completely. The energy will the flow more easily if you choose to do a complete standard treatment.